Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Blog Worthy ?

What makes something blog worthy?  A random thought, a station or position?  What makes one person's thoughts so much more interesting that it would bring about a blog, a following, fame or fortune?  For example, the lady who blogs about American Idol.  She was then brought onto a television network to provide commentary about American Idol.  What makes her opinion of Idol so much more important then others?  Is she educated in music theory, performance? Or has she just built up a following because enough random people came across her blog and said, "Ok, I like what she has to say, makes sense".  Let me follow her so I can see whats up?  If it were that easy everyone would blog, everyone would have a following, and everyone would benefit.  Hmmmm?

I get my best ideas riding in my car thinking randomly about different things?  This morning I am thinking about the girl off House Wives of New Jersey who says she wants to be Carrie from Sex and the City.  She wants an apartment, someone to buy her a car, and to finance her lifestyle.  Does this girl fail to realize that Carrie Bradshaw had a JOB!  A glamorous job in the minds of many! 

What makes me think of the girl from Jersey?  Don't know.

What else did I think about this morning?  I thought about how I am educated but not overly educated.  I thought about how in my household my thirteen year old still thinks Disney rules.  Thank god!  And how my six year old son knows all the words to "run tell that homeboy homeboy".  How my husband likes to talk in a jacked up English accent "Bollocks!" because of the Ramsey Nightmare Kitchen (?) show on Netflix.  We are definitely a unique group.

I have also been thinking about relationships and why we do the things that we do.  Why do some people choose to be confrontational and some people don't?  How it doesn't always have to be confrontation.  Just because two people have a discussion about their feelings or thoughts about a situation that transpired does not make it a confrontation. 

So, those are my thoughts.  Where will they go from here?

No comments:

Post a Comment