Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Balance

I have been going to school for the last eight years.  Bachelors degree 2008; Masters degree 2012.  In the last year the masters program had me bogged down and overwhelmed.  My husband stepped in and carried the load of cooking, cleaning, etc.  Now that school is done the roles are slowly moving back to how they used to be.

I almost feel like I've been out of pocket for so long I don't know how to put myself back into it.  My children are children they want everything and you want to give them everything.  As adults we know that it is not healthy for the child or the parent to give everything.

I think one of the biggest issues that families are faced with is balance.  What is too much?  What is too little?  My first child has perfect dental hygiene never having a cavity.  My second child is a dental nightmare.  Miss a day of work to take him to the dentist to address this big gaping hole in his second molar. The mommy guilt kicks in and one feels like not enough attention was paid.

No, we were too busy thinking about bed times, homework, what is for dinner, does the house need cleaning, did the bill get paid, is there enough money in the bank to cover the air conditioner that is going to need to be fixed, is my work getting done at work so I don't lose my job, are my kids getting enough attention that they won't grow up and say mommy didn't pay attention to me?

OMW (Oh My Word)!  Where is one to find balance in all that chaos?  How is one person to carry that load and still function?  Super Mom I am not......love my children I do.


No comments:

Post a Comment