Sunday, August 7, 2011

You Know Me.....

A little over 14 years ago I met the father of my daughter.  Over the years we have talked off and on....most often when I get mad about something and call to figure out exactly what his problem is.  Two days ago was the first time I was actually able to speak like an adult to him.  I was able to put my hurt that I like to carry around on the back burner and be the bigger person.  (That is only by the grace of God). 

He said something to me that has been going over and over in my head.  "You know me "my name here".  That totally just threw me.  "No, I don't know you" was my response.  "You were a boy I knew 14 years ago and I'm not the same girl you knew".

It baffles me how some people stand still while others move forward.  We are both in our mid thirties.  I have had 3 careers, finished my degree, almost finished a Masters degree, been married, divorced, remarried and had three kids.  He still lives at home with his parents and has had multiple jobs here and there. 

I think we as women are forced to either move forward and make the best of things or sit still, struggle, and collect hand outs.  I chose to move forward. 

No comments:

Post a Comment